Make a donation

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Next year BRUINS!


Well I gave up my Final Four weekend of drunkenness and chingasos to help our dear friend Jimmy Szabo move some nice furniture he bought from Buena Vista Furniture to his new home just outside of Phoenix, AZ. I told him I would only help (or rather we as my partner Ronn is the one who actually volunteered us) if I could watch the games on Saturday. He assured me that was not a problem. He failed to tell me that he didn’t have the TV connected to cable nor antenna! Pinche Jim!!!!! So I made Jimmy boy go to the local hardware store and buy a cheap and sleezly antenna that plugs into the back of the set… I prayed all the way back to his house from the hardware store that the VOG (Virgin of Guadalupe) would bless us with at least somekind of picture… even if it meant grain or lines through the picture (hell after one too many Volka cranberry it all looks the same). Well it worked and I got to watch the games… I was no expecting all my wishes to come true that day, at least I got to watch the game as for UCLA continuing to the final game… next year. They are a very good team, it just was not their day. BRUINS 12th NCAA championship in 2008! As for Phoenix... well all I can say the only exciting thing this weekend was driving by a Mexican Restaurant named "Aunt Chilada's"!!!! What a great name! Maybe I will open up the male version and name it "Male Nudo" like Menudo- hmmm I better think about this people would then think it's a male strip club... forget it.
Speaking of Buena Vista Furniture, if you haven’t been to Ruthie and Joseph’s store, please do so. Visit their website at:www.buenavistafurniture.com They have AMAZING pieces of furniture from all over the world and their prices are the BEST. I know my friend Josefina Lopez is a frequent visitor, I saw many pieces from their at her beautiful new home in Silver Lake. She and her husband Emmanuel celebrated Josefina’s 38th birthday party a couple of weeks ago and introduced to the Xicano world their extremely bonito casa… It’s full of color and has a nice big yard with beautiful trees to shade it.
Speaking of color… oh sorry not color but rather black and white, my best and most creative friend in the whole wide world “Jenny Lens” just sent me an e-mail that had me flashing back and laughing! During the years 1976-1980 something Jenny used her gift with her camera eye to photograph many of LA’s punk bands… the groundbrakers of what we now call punk didn’t even get noticed until this crazy Jewish girl with a big afro and a hot camera started photographing them and getting them published all over the world. In her e-mail Jenny was informed by a fan that she was seen in the audience at the Grace Jones taping of midnight special Go Grace… I clicked on the URL she sent from You-Tube and low and behold there was our girl with the camera eye doing what she did best… shooting the music! More on Mz. Lens in next posting but please visit her web site at www.jennylens.com as she is one of the most amazing photographers of all time!
The picture is of me and Divine, Jenny took this I think in 1977... boy was I skinny!!!! And had a hell of a lot more hair!

OK kids no chisme today… It’s Sunday, God told us to be good and not spread Chisme on Sunday’s or the Mano Mochada will pull our legs when we are sleeping.

Mandog!

2 comments:

alicia said...

i love it! this is the 1st one i read, but you have me crackin' up! what's new though? always funny & weird, but i love you so much! my cute brother, keep on writing! now i have the place to get jenny's link and the info to the store. thx!!! :)

FaRtKnOcKeR said...

hi mark this is antonia i had fun and i am 10 not 12 and i go to clairbourn school and i enjoy that i went instead of staying home do you like my display name???