Make a donation

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's been a long time but I am back!

I have been working pretty hard the last several months to try and get my Diversity company up and running. Also been working on helping my better half’s projects by updating and trying to keep up with all that needs to be done.

They way the economy has been, I am blessed that the few clients I have been able to keep my head above the water. I am 51 years old and well, at this stage of the game I am hoping all those years of doing what I do will pay off and I won’t have to get a job a K-Mart or Taco Bell when I am 60!

I am writing to basically get my steam off today. I find in strange in a time when people are trying to get work and trying to find jobs that there are some that seem to take advantage of the fact that they have a roof over their head and that times have been good for them (for the most part) but yet they are complaining about the lack of money coming in but when you give them work they slack off or just do care. There I got that off my chest.

I wish all my friends and family that are going through tuff times right now the best and hope that things pick up. Ronn and I are truly blessed to have great friends and great family. We do what we can to help and if other do the same, we all can get through this.

Facebook has kept me pretty busy with catching up with old friends. It (for the most part) has been a great journey. I have truly enjoyed reconnecting with most and connecting with new. Boy it’s scary to see how some of us look after not seeing each other for over 30 years! When I wake up I feel 17… when I look in the mirror I look 45, when I lay down to go to bed I feel 100! : )~ I guess my life after high school was pretty much an adventure. I haven’t talk to most of my childhood friends for those 30 plus more years of not seeing them. So catching up on one’s life is great reading and conversation. All those crazy times I had in the late 70’s and early 80’s. I often stop and take a deep breath and thank the powers that be that I am still on this earth. So many of things I did or situations I was in… It’s a wonder that I am still standing. I guess I was supposed to so I could blog/write about it.

Going to be working at the GLAD annual "Taste of Eagle Rock" this Saturday, August 22nd at GLAD. The Great Los Angeles Agency on Deafness is a wonderful non profit that is helping our Deaf and Hard of Hearing community members. Rachel Braver once again is doing a fantastic job (as well as hard working) preparing for this event. both Ronn Savala and I are very proud of our little Braver!

So that leads me into what all that stuff above I am yapping about. I will use this blog more often to express myself and to tell a story or two. If your listening enjoy.

mandog

No comments: